The report includes:
- An analysis of Ghana’s ability to compete globally as well as regionally in the information technology-enabled services (ITES)-business process outsourcing/offshoring (BPO) sector and the primary constraints to improving Ghana’s competitiveness in the sector.
- Recommendations for concrete actions for Ghana to increase its competitiveness and capability as an ITES-BPO destination, and target ITES-BPO activities and market segments in which it can be competitive in the short and medium term.
- A roadmap for developing the ITES-BPO industry in Ghana, including a skills development component,policy framework, and measurement matrix.
- Recommended investment promotion strategy for developing and attracting investments in Ghana’s ITES-BPO sector.
- A monitoring and evaluation framework for the ITES-BPO sector in Ghana, providing baselines and targets.
The analysis presented in this report is based on information and findings as of April 2006, and may not reflect the impact of subsequent changes and developments.
This report is part of infoDev's growing series of country studies on ICT, growth and competitiveness, which includes work in the Caribbean, Ghana, Tanzania and Uganda, and more information is available at: infodev.org/innovation