French: Enquete sur les TICs et l'Education en Afrique: Un Rapport résumé basé sur une enquête effectuée dans 53 pays
You may also be interested in:
Survey of ICT and Education in Africa
Volume 2: 53 Country Reports
Background on this survey project is available at infodev.org/en/Project.7.html.
This project seeks to gather together in a single resource the most relevant and useful information on ICT in education activities in Africa.
- How are ICTs currently being used in the education sector in Africa, and what are the strategies and policies related to this use?
- What are the common challenges and constraints faced by African countries in this area?
- What is actually happening on the ground, and to what extent are donors involved?
- ICT Policies for Education in Africa
- ICT Activities and Initiatives in Higher Education in Africa
- ICT Activities and Initiatives in Primary and Secondary Schools
- ICT Activities and Initiatives in Non-formal Education in Africa
- Gender Equity and ICT in Education in Africa
- Factors Enabling and Constraining ICT Use in Education in Africa
- ICT in Education in Africa: A Way Forward
+ Regional ICT/Education Initiatives in Africa
This Summary Report is complemented by a companion volume, which features 53 Country Reports.
Table of Contents
Overview - Survey Process - Project Team - Acknowledgements
A New Phase: From Projects to Policies - Differential Implementation Progress - Macro Trends - Donors - Enabling and Limiting Factors - Enlightened Leadership
ICT Policies for Education in Africa
General Observations - National ICT Policies - Education Sector ICT Policies and Implementation Plan - Policy Management
ICT Infrastructure for Education in Africa
General Observations - Infrastructure in Higher Education - Infrastructure in Schools – Infrastructure for Non-formal Education and the General Public
ICT Activities and Initiatives in Higher Education in Africa
Technical/Vocational Education and Training - Universities - Distance Education and e-Learning in Higher Education - Content Development
ICT Activities and Initiatives in Primary and Secondary Schools
General Observations - Equipment and Connectivity - Teacher Professional Development and Training Programmes - Content Development - Cost Models
ICT Activities and Initiatives in Non-formal Education in Africa
Gender Equity and ICT in Education in Africa
General Observations - Policy Environment - Gender Mainstreaming and Targeted Approaches
Factors Enabling and Constraining ICT Use in Education
ICT in Education in Africa: A Way Forward
Moving Forward on Implementation of ICT in Education - Continuing to Build an Information Base for ICT in Education in Africa
1. Regional ICT/Education Initiatives in Africa
2. Selected Bibliography