The report highlights the mLabs’ impact on entrepreneurial ecosystems and digital start-ups, as well as the start-ups’ impact on local markets. Some of the key findings include:
mLab start-ups have:
- Achieved a very high survival rate, especially in Africa
- Created a substantial number of jobs, directly and indirectly
- Gained greater financial health compared to peer start-ups
Local markets have benefited from:
- Mobile-based academic materials and instruction delivered to over 1.7 million students through a digital platform
- Increased capacity to monitor farm crops, water usage, and sales
- Hundreds of famers have earned additional income of $155 per month, totaling $2.7M in a year
mLabs have enabled their entrepreneurial ecosystems by:
- Proving the incubation model
- Accelerating digitization of the economy
- Enriching technical capacity and entrepreneurship skills.
Download the report to read more, including the recommendations.